You might be wondering how to fix the dying light 2 coop not working? Well, you can always try the following methods such as- restarting the gaming platform (PC, Xbox, etc), installing a new game patch, ensuring the servers are not down, joining at a proper time, updating the Windows and even using a VPN.
Here, we will further elaborate on each of the solutions so that you can easily get the issue fixed on your own and enjoy a kick-ass gaming session.
Best Steps To Fix This Issue
We are going to share with you some valuable solutions to fix the problem of Dying Light 2 Co-op not functioning.
Here are some of the fixes, try them and see if it works for you-
- Restart the gaming Platform– This is the very basic step to fix the problem. Most trivial issues can easily be resolved by restarting the gaming console. This is applicable for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and your PC.
After restarting the console, you need to look for whether the Dying Light 2 Co-op issue gets resolved or not.
- Install the Game Patch– A lot of times there may also be an issue because you are using the old version of the game. Recently, the developers have already fixed the issue by releasing a new patch but are unaware of it. You need to update the game in order to fix this issue.
So don’t wait any longer, go ahead and look up if your game has any pending updates for Dying Light 2.
- Check the Servers– In case the issue persists even after trying this method, then you can try to check and verify whether the Dying Heart game is facing any server outages at that moment. Servers are down many times due to maintenance issues or some other technical reason.
During this time, you will face multiple hurdles while playing the game or you might not be able to play it at all.In this case, you have nothing to do to fix the problem. You have to wait for Dying Light 2 servers to resolve on their own.
- Proper Time to join the co-op– In case you have just started playing Dying Light 2 then you might not be completely aware that you are required to join the co-op only at a particular time and not whenever you want to. Otherwise, it might not be working.
Make sure you join the co-op game only when the players receive the binoculars and not prior to that.
- Non-Peak Hours– It is a newly launched game, and a huge number of players try to play it from their end. As a result, unexplained and sudden crashes and technical issues might be restricting the game.
You should try joining the Dying Light 2 game when there are no rush hours. This might resolve the issues and in that case, stick to this solution until the developers fix the problem in the updates.
- Check your own internet connection– Dying Light 2 requires a strong and stable internet connection. Any simple internet issue can occasionally cause a problem in the game which can stop it from working. Try and connect to a better network or change your Wi-Fi connection.
Resetting your router/modem or data connection might also solve your problem and help in smooth running of the game.
- Update Windows– At times outdated Windows can also cause this problem. You need to make sure that your Windows is up-to-date before starting the game. In order to check whether your Windows requires an Update follow the given steps-
Step 1– Open the Settings and Click on the Update & Security Section.
Step 2– Now choose the Windows Update and click on Check for Updates Button.
Step 3– Now restart the system and try opening the game joining Co-op globally again.
This might work to fix the problem.
- Use VPN– If none of these solutions works for you then you might try using a VPN service. A VPN service will help you to connect with various servers easily and solve the issue of the game conveniently.
You can try any of these possible fixes to see if that solves your problem Dying Light 2 co-op not working.
What Are The Reasons For The Dying Light 2 Co-op Not Working Issue?
Dying Light 2 is a very recently released game but since its release, it has been facing a lot of problems in terms of playability.
As compared to its predecessor the original Dying Light, this game is causing a lot of trouble. Some have identified a few reasons why there might be some problems for which the game is not working.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is dying light 2 co-op not working xbox?
Dying light 2 co-ops is not working on Xbox probably for any of the above-mentioned reasons that we have listed.
As we have suggested, try any of the solutions we discussed here. The easiest solution that you can try is to restart the Xbox console and try restarting the game again. Or you must ensure the fact that you have finished the prologue episode of the game.
2. Why is dying light 2 co-op not working ps4, Ps5?
The reason is the same for the game to not work on PS4 and pS5 consoles. You can try the same suggested methods for Xbox to fix the issues.
3. Why can’t I join my friend in dying light?
You might be wondering what is the reason why even after doing everything correctly you are unable to join your friend in the game Dying Light. The primary reason behind this is that you have most likely not completed the prologue.
To put it in short you are required to finish the prologue section of Dying Light 2 before you are planning to join another player’s game.